As a Design Director in our Tokyo office, you will lead and be responsible for the creative success of our business in Japan. As part of a small team, this role is integral to its own development as the aim of the business is to grow and increase impact in Japan. The role involves plenty of interaction with the senior leadership team in Denmark and Japan on all aspects of our business; clients, people and culture. You come from a design background, and have the drive and skills to convincingly lead one of our core disciplines of graphic design, architecture, interaction design or typography.
- Your work is intelligent and surprising. You bring a strong creative ambition to the design community at Kontrapunkt and the industry as a whole
- You have attitude – charismatic, entrepreneurial and committed to winning every time
- You are genuine, thorough, empathic, and self-aware
- You are a leader, great at finding, guiding, inspiring new talent
- You are a learner, curious about others’ work and stay updated on the industry, movements and trends
- You are thinking long-term and great at prioritising your own and others workload
- You will be responsible for representing the creative quality of Kontrapunkt, meaning that your own design work will set an extremely high bar and inspire others to follow – and lift the clients beyond their expectations
- You will make big creative calls on behalf of the client and Kontrapunkt, so your judgement and decision making skills will be excellent
- You will ensure that the design throughout the entire process is in line with the brief, the strategy, and the client’s needs
- You will ensure conceptual thinking beyond your own design craft – across touchpoints, clients, customers, and methods.
- You will scope projects and influence working methods to give creativity the best possible prerequisite – staffing projects with the most suitable designers throughout the project
- You will inspire customers through charismatic and convincing presentations – resulting in the development of the projects and client relationships as a whole. You will see business development as a key part of realising great creative work
- You are expected to grow the business, the culture, the clients and the people in Japan, so you’ll be able to see the bigger strategic picture, be meaningfully visionary on clients’ behalf and think proactively about the growth of our business
- You will build up relations and a network within the Japanese design scene to identify talents for future open positions in Kontrapunkt Tokyo office.
As soon as possible and before December 2018. Expect to begin working at the Kontrapunkt Copenhagen office for 2 to 3 month, before moving to Tokyo.
2-3 years with the possibility of extending.
Send your application to
Lars Larson firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and before 15th of September 2018.